What is the MBC?
The Massachusetts Building Congress brings together decision makers from all corners of the $10.6 billion design and construction industry in Massachusetts. Established in 1921, the Congress provides business and networking forums including:
- Monthly breakfast programs with leading clients and experts
- Education panels on timely A/E/C business topics
- The MBC Hall of Fame Gala - annual awards event
- Annual golf tournament
- Congress Unplugged evening networking events
- 20|30 Club - emerging professionals group
Through our monthly breakfast programs, social and fundraising events, and educational forums, MBC helps members promote their business while advancing the mutual interests of all.
Who are our members?
Architects, owners, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, labor, trade associations, bankers, lawyers, insurers, and related professionals.
What do we do?
- Present monthly breakfast programs and panel discussions featuring current industry issues, noteworthy construction projects, and keynote speakers from the real estate, design and construction industry
- Hold an annual networking dinner recognizing industry leaders
- Host an annual golf outing
- Provide an online directory of members and classified listings
- Award annual scholarships to a student pursuing a career in design or construction
Why should you join and participate in the MBC?
Networking — MBC provides frequent opportunities to meet executives from across the entire industry. By networking through monthly programs, social functions and committee assignments, you will become acquainted with the largest cross section of construction industry leaders.
Image — Because only those favorably known to their associates are admitted as members; this high standard of membership indicates that you are a respected member of your industry.
Exposure — Your listing will be published in the directory and classified index, which is widely used as a construction industry directory
Promotion — The MBC provides favorable promotion for the accomplishments of the industry and of our members.
Unity — Through unity and cooperation comes the strength necessary to be an effective, stable and thriving industry.
- Member pricing for all events
- Corporate listing for four representatives in online directory
- Access to member mailing list
- Eligibility for scholarship (all employees and employees' immediate family members)
- Annual golf tournament open to members only
- Ability to nominate company or organization for induction into MBC Hall of Fame
- Members are invited to serve on committees, seek nomination to Board
- Sponsor events or advertise on MBC website
- Corporate membership includes participation in the 20|30 Club for all employees